Protein powders have become essential supplements for weight loss, muscle gain and even recovery. But there are different types, like whey protein and casein protein. Casein and whey are the two forms of protein found in milk and are the best sources of necessary amino acids, but casein is slowly absorbed by the body. Some of the best casein protein powders work miraculously for muscle growth and recovery.
Several bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts use casein protein supplements to gain lean muscle mass. Natural sources of casein protein include foods such as cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.
What are the benefits of casein protein powder?
Casein protein has multiple health benefits.
- Source of amino acids: Casein protein maintains a constant supply of amino acids over time. According to various research, consuming protein right before bed promotes better muscle recovery, reduces muscle breakdown, increases muscle retention, and increases muscle protein synthesis.
- Weight loss and muscle gain: Casein protein is great for shedding excess body fat and building lean muscle. Clinical investigations of overweight officers revealed considerable improvement in strength and body composition, as well as a lower proportion of fat in the group given casein protein.
- Improves metabolism: Casein protein also helps increase metabolic rate. Consuming casein protein before bed has been scientifically shown to improve exercise performance and morning resting metabolic rate (RMR).
- Antibacterial: Casein protein contains antibacterial characteristics as well as bioactive peptides that help our immune system.
- Rich in calcium: Casein protein is rich in calcium, which contributes to various bodily functions such as bone, muscle and vessel health.
Best Casein Protein Powders in India
If you are a fitness enthusiast and looking for top-rated casein protein powders, try these best casein protein powder brands available in India.
1. Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein Powder contains all the necessary vitamins and proteins. It comes in a variety of sizes and tastes, including cream, peanut butter chocolate, cookie, chocolate, and creamy vanilla. The main ingredient in this casein powder is micellar casein, which is absorbed the slowest and is ideal for promoting satisfaction between meals and nighttime recovery.
2. Dymatize Elite Casein Protein
Dymatize Elite Casein Protein delivers on both taste and casein content, with 25g of micellar casein per serving and a variety of flavors. There are up to 50 servings of casein in each container, and each serving provides 2.3g of L-leucine, which is the main amino acid that supports improved muscle repair and protein synthesis. This casein comes in a variety of flavors, like chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon roll, and cookies and cream.
Select the topics that interest you and let us personalize your feed.
3. GNC Casein Protein Powder
GNC Casein Protein Powder provides a steady stream of amino acids to fuel muscle growth and recovery for several hours. A single serving provides 25g of pure, slow-digesting protein, plus EAAs and glutamine to help your body meet its daily protein needs. When your body doesn’t get nourishment at night, GNC’s casein acts as an anti-catabolic agent to inhibit the breakdown of muscle proteins.
4. Natures Velvet Lifecare Casein Protein
This casein protein powder is formulated as a vegetarian product. Because of its slow absorption, casein is the ideal protein supplement to take at bedtime or when you know you’ll be going for a long time without a chance to refuel.
5. MyFitFuel Micellar Casein Protein Powder
It has inherent anti-catabolic properties that help muscles become stronger by reducing muscle breakdown. It also provides 4,700 mg of BCAA, 4,600 mg of glutamine, and 10,000 mg of essential amino acids in each dose of the unflavored variant.
Health Shots recommends: 5 Best Whey Proteins for Beginners for Muscle Building and Recovery
How to use casein protein powder?
Fitness enthusiasts frequently take casein protein powder before bed with water or milk. Casein protein powder can be added to smoothies, shakes, or any other beverage of your choice. It can also be used as a nutritious ingredient in homemade muffins, ice cream, protein bars, cookies, puddings and pancakes.