In today’s fast-paced society, stress and discomfort are all too common. Whether you’re suffering from aches and pains from an intense workout or simply want to relax your muscles after a long day, the best electric heating pads can be a useful tool to provide some much-needed relief. These can also provide great comfort and warmth as the winter seasons leave you chilled to the bone.
What is a heating pad?
A heating pad is a device that uses heat to relieve pain or discomfort in different parts of the body. These devices feature a flexible, padded pad that can be heated to different temperatures. Heating pads come in different shapes and sizes, but the majority of them can be adjusted to fit the curves of the body. This makes them very effective at targeting specific areas.
What are the health benefits of using a heating pad?
While choosing the best mattress for back pain can go a long way in helping you sleep well, a heating pad is an effective tool for soothing and relieving body pain. Here are several benefits of a heating pad:
* Pain relief: The most obvious benefit of a heating pad is that it can help relieve physical discomfort. Heat therapy, unlike cold therapy, works by releasing stiff muscles, increasing blood flow and soothing painful joints. This means that if you suffer from muscle cramps, back pain, arthritis, menstrual cramps, or other types of body aches, a heating pad can be an effective treatment.
* Increases blood flow: Heating pads increase blood flow in your body. Blood circulation is necessary to deliver nutrients and oxygen to many areas of the body, including joints and muscles. Using a heating pad improves blood circulation and thus relieves body discomfort.
* Improves relaxation: Applying heat to your body can help calm your nerves. If you live a busy life, using a heating pad daily can help you relax. This can help you relax by reducing your stress levels.
* Affordable: Heating pads are inexpensive. Heating pads are a less expensive alternative to other medical treatments that require multiple doctor visits or over-the-counter medications that must be taken regularly.
* Easy to use: Electric heating pads are much more convenient to use than old hot water bottles.
Also read: Cold or heat treatment: know which is best to relieve joint pain
5 Best Electric Heating Pads for Pain Relief
To help you make the best choice to relieve pain and stay warm, we have put together a list of the best heating pads in India.
1. PureRelief XL – King Size Heating Pad
This heating pad provides targeted thermal therapy for brief relief of muscle tension. It’s powered by InstaHeat technology, which heats quickly and features an ergonomic LCD remote control with six adjustable heat settings. The higher power allows for faster heating, with six heat settings ranging from 105°F to 140°F. This extra-large heating pad can be used for wet or dry heat therapy, and a two-hour auto shut-off allows for safe, worry-free operation.
2. Thermophoric cushion
The Thermophore pad provides powerful, deep, moist heat for maximum comfort and pain treatment. This heating pad uses thermostat-controlled technology to maintain maximum heat levels while meeting UL safety guidelines, something many popular heating pads lack due to their design. It has a three-temperature constant comfort switch and a timer that turns off after 25 minutes.
3. Comfytemp Weighted Electric Heating Pad
The Comfytemp Weighted Electric Heating Pad contains 2.2 lb glass beads to hold it securely in place on various areas of the body. It accommodates a wide range of temperature and timer choices with 9 heat settings and 11 timers. You can even use it without an auto-off option, and it easily remembers your last heat and timer settings.
4. Sunbeam GoHeat Cordless Heating Pad
The Sunbeam GoHeat Cordless Heating Pad provides portable, hands-free heat therapy for pain relief. Its 9.5 x 12 inch design delivers high-level targeted heat therapy to many parts of the body, including the back, arms, legs, shoulders, and more. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and can provide up to 4 hours of heat on a single charge. It heats up in about 30 seconds and has three heat settings.
5. BodyMed Digital Moist Heating Pad
This full-body heating pad relieves muscle tension, joint discomfort, shoulder pain and inflammation. It creates humidity from the air, eliminating the need for water, and has easy-to-use LCD controls for precise temperature and time settings.
How to use a heating pad safely?
Heating pads can help soothe tired muscles and sore areas, but they must be used correctly to avoid damage. Here are some tips for using a heating pad safely:
* Before using a heating pad, read the instructions carefully. Make sure you understand how long to use the pad, how to regulate the temperature, and other crucial details.
* Make sure it is not too hot before using it. To monitor temperature, place the pad in a sensitive location, such as the inside of your wrist. Adjust the temperature or wait for it to cool before using if it is too hot.
* Although heating pads can be soothing, they should not be used to fall asleep. Make sure to turn it off before sleeping.
* Use heating pads with caution near water or in damp locations. Moisture could damage the cushion and increase the risk of electric shock.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we are constantly working to clear up the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully selected by the editorial team, but use your discretion and expert advice before using. Their Prices and availability may differ from those at the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)