Winter is our favorite season! After all, it’s all about layering clothes, snuggling into a warm bed, and wrapping your palms around a steaming mug of hot chocolate. But as we head into winter, with all its wonders, there’s one problem that may actually make you hate this season. Yes, you guessed it right: dry skin! Dry skin is common during the cold winter months and can cause itching, roughness, and flaking. So, if you have already started noticing dryness on your face, hands or body, don’t worry and try these home remedies for dry skin.
Health Shots spoke to beauty industry veteran Dr. Blossom Kochhar, Chairman, Blossom Kochhar Group of Companies, to find out some home remedies to cure dry sin.
5 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dry Skin
1. Milk lotion
The lactic acid content of milk helps exfoliate dead skin cells and lock in moisture, while glycerin adds a hydrating touch to the mix. Here’s how to prepare it:
- To make a milky lotion, heat a cup of milk until lukewarm.
- Add 1 teaspoon of glycerin, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda and ¼ teaspoon of borax to the milk.
- Stir the mixture carefully until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Let it sit for an hour to cool.
- Once cooled, gently apply this milky lotion to dry areas of your skin, including your face.
- After a while, rinse it with lukewarm water.
This natural cleanser will help you gently cleanse your skin without stripping it of its natural oils, leaving your skin supple and glowing. Here’s how to prepare it:
- For a refreshing cleansing experience that leaves your skin supple and glowing, create a homemade cleanser.
- Put a container on gas and add 12 tablespoons of white petroleum jelly, 4 tablespoons of baby oil and 1 tablespoon of beeswax.
- Let all the ingredients melt together.
- Once finished, remove it from the gas and add a few drops of rose essence to the mixture for a delicious scent.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and use it to cleanse your face.
- To remove the cleaner, use a damp cloth or sponge.
Hydration is essential to combat dry skin. The natural anti-inflammatory properties of rose water, combined with the hydrating effects of glycerin, make this homemade moisturizer a fantastic addition to your skincare routine. Here’s how to prepare it:
- Mix ¾ cup of rose water with ¼ cup of glycerin, 1 teaspoon of vinegar and ¼ teaspoon of honey.
- Store this mixture in a bottle and use it regularly after cleaning.
- Apply it to your skin, focusing on dry areas, to keep your skin hydrated and refreshed.
4. Banana Face Mask
Consider a rejuvenating banana facial mask to deeply nourish your skin. Bananas are rich in potassium and vitamins that help replenish your skin, while honey and yogurt provide hydration and gentle exfoliation. Here’s how to prepare it:
- Mash a ripe banana and mix it with a mixture of honey and yogurt.
- This creates a hydrating and nourishing paste that you can apply to your face.
- Let the mask sit for about 20 minutes or until it dries. Then rinse it with lukewarm water.
- This nourishing mask should be used at least once a week to maintain well-hydrated and rejuvenated skin.
5. Night cream
For deep, long-lasting hydration, prepare a night cream. This nighttime treatment ensures your skin receives long-lasting hydration while you sleep. Here’s how to prepare it:
Select the topics that interest you and let us personalize your feed.
- Mix a tablespoon of milk cream with a few drops of glycerin and two drops of rose water.
- Mix these ingredients thoroughly and apply the cream all over your face, neck, and hands before going to bed.
- Leave the cream on overnight and in the morning, rinse your skin with lukewarm water and follow with a little cold water.
Read also : Beauty Benefits of Avocado Oil: A Natural Remedy for Dry Skin and Hair
Some Other Tips to Keep in Mind to Get Rid of Dry Skin
- Do not use an astringent or tonic that contains alcohol.
- Avoid exposure to the sun, strong winds and hot baths.
- Do not use medicated soap. Use creamy, gentle beauty soaps or facial cleansers.
- Always wash your face with cold water and not hot water, which will further dry out your skin.
To keep your dry skin soft and nourished, try these remedies and remember these tips!