In your quest to lose weight, you must have discovered billions of weight loss recipes online. Although there are multiple recipes and ways to lose weight, there is no magic ingredient that will make you shed the extra pounds in no time. That said, there are many ingredients in your kitchen that can benefit you if you include them in your weight loss diet. One such ingredient to add to your diet is quinoa for weight loss. If you crave something delicious every morning, you should try this quinoa recipe for weight loss.
Quinoa has been considered a staple in weight loss diets since time immemorial. This tiny but powerful seed is touted as a superfood that can help you lose weight. Plus, it’s extremely versatile, so you can experiment with it as much as you want. In fact, we are sharing with you today a healthy recipe that could speed up your weight loss journey. Try this healthy breakfast recipe.
Quinoa sprout cutlets for weight loss
Nutritionist Leema Mahajan recently shared on her Instagram account one of the healthiest recipes for weight loss: a recipe for quinoa cutlets for breakfast.
Quinoa breakfast recipe for weight loss
Portion: 10 chops
- 50 grams of quinoa
- 100 grams of sprouts
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 grams of grated boiled potato
- Half a cup of grated carrot
- Salt to taste
- green peppers
- Dried mango powder
- garam masala
- Besan or gram flour
Method of preparing quinoa sprout cutlets
1. Start by soaking the quinoa for about half an hour.
2. Prepare a coarse paste with ginger, garlic and soaked sprouts.
3. Grind the soaked quinoa and transfer it to a bowl.
4. Add shredded potato sprouts, carrot, chopped green chilli, salt, garam masala and amchur powder to quinoa.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of besan or gram flour to the mixture and mix well.
6. Now take small equal portions of the mixture and shape them into balls.
7. Flatten them a little to prepare the tikkis.
8. Brush the tikkis with oil on one side. Place under medium-heated broiler and cook until golden brown.
9. Cook both sides well and serve hot with a little chutney on the side.
Benefits of quinoa for weight loss
Loaded with the goodness of fiber, eating quinoa will keep you feeling full longer and aid digestion while stabilizing your blood sugar. In addition, it has a low glycemic index, which helps control blood sugar and reduce cravings. According to the Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, quinoa is also a good source of protein, which helps control appetite, increase satiety and support muscle mass, which helps boost metabolism. Plus, it’s low in calories, making it a great option for those trying to lose weight. Not only does quinoa help you lose weight, but it’s also a great source of other vitamins and minerals that support overall health. In short, it’s a wealth of nutrients that you need to add to your weight loss diet.
The aforementioned quinoa recipe also includes sprouts, another low-calorie, high-fiber, and nutrient-dense food that can help you lose weight. Promoting satiety and reducing your overall calorie intake, this seed aids in digestion and boosts metabolism. They are also a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals that support overall health during weight loss.
Since this is a recipe rich in essential nutrients that can help you lose weight, you must add it to your diet. Remember to consult your nutritionist before trying it, however.