Nowadays, everyone cares about eating healthy. While it can be difficult to give up sugar completely, choosing one of the best sugar-free mueslis in India can be a fantastic way to reduce your intake while still getting the nutrients you need. Muesli is full of whole grains, nuts and dried fruit, making it a healthy and filling breakfast.
Muesli is a great source of fiber, protein, and other vitamins and minerals that can help your body stay energized throughout the day. You can eat them as a snack with milk or yogurt, or include them in your breakfast.
What is muesli and why is it healthy for breakfast?
Muesli is a classic European cereal lacking plant-based ingredients such as whole grains, nuts, fruits and seeds. Muesli is a good option for weight loss, improving skin, an excellent source of energy and promotes sleep. It’s flavorful, filling, and packs a powerful nutritional punch.
What are the benefits of sugar-free muesli?
The muesli comes with and without added sugar. Eating muesli without sugar can be a good idea for diabetics, especially since it contains fewer calories and less sugar.
* Good for diabetes: One of the main enemies of diabetes is refined sugar, as it quickly raises blood sugar levels. It is therefore advisable to select muesli brands that use only natural sugar or no sugar at all.
* Ideal for losing weight: If you want to lose weight, you must limit your consumption of sugar and sugar-containing products. In this situation, sugar-free mueslis are one of your best options to reduce your sugar intake while still providing your body with the nutrition it needs.
* Full of essential nutrients: It is well known that muesli is a rich source of several important nutrients, including calcium, potassium, iron, fiber and protein. However, if your muesli also contains a lot of sugar, your body may not be able to absorb these nutrients properly. According to studies, excessive consumption of sugar leads to rapid loss of calcium from the body during urination. This also depletes your body’s magnesium stores.
Top 5 Sugar-Free Muesli Options for Diabetics in India
We have compiled a list of the best sugar-free muesli brands in India.
1. Kellogg’s Muesli 0% added sugar
Kellogg’s is one of the oldest breakfast cereal brands in India. But their no-added-sugar muesli gets all the attention. This muesli will make your day brighter because it is made with the goodness of five baked cereals (wheat, corn, rice, barley and oats). Additionally, almonds and raisins are added to it, making it a healthier and more delicious breakfast. Kellogg’s muesli is rich in iron, B vitamins and folate. In addition, it contains a sufficient amount of fiber to prevent the feeling of hunger until midday.
2. Yogabar Super Muesli
Yogabar is a health-conscious food brand that produces protein bars, oats, muesli, and other healthy snack options. They don’t use artificial preservatives and all of their products are natural. The company claims that among the best no-sugar-added muesli brands, its product contains the least natural sugar. It contains 82 percent whole grains, chia seeds, flax seeds and almonds.
3. Tata Soulfull no added sugar millet muesli
Tata Soulfull Sugar Free Muesli is packed with crunch made from 97% whole grains, berries, nuts and seeds. Plus, it’s a fantastic source of dietary fiber and is high in protein, which will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
4. The whole truth Muesli without added sugar
One of India’s largest organic food companies, The Whole Truth doesn’t hide any of the ingredients used in its products. Their nutritious sugar-free muesli is made from five distinct grains, four different fruits and two different seeds. It also contains no artificial colors or sweeteners.
5. True Elements No Sugar Added Muesli
The first Wholegrain and Clean Label certified food brand in India is True Elements. The company sells a variety of food products such as oats, muesli, granola, seeds, etc. They use premium ingredients to prepare their sugar-free muesli, including wheat flakes, oat flakes, jowar flakes, nuts and dry fruits. It also contains plenty of vitamins and minerals, which will keep you feeling healthy and invigorated.
How to choose the best sugar-free muesli?
When purchasing muesli, it’s important to look beyond sugar-free varieties. There are a few other things to look out for when choosing muesli for yourself.
*Always look at the components and nutrition level of the muesli you choose. The best muesli to choose is one made entirely from whole grains, including millet, oats or barley. In addition, muesli, rich in protein, is the best option if you want to gain muscle mass.
* Make sure your muesli is low in salt and free from artificial colors and preservatives.
* Additionally, look for muesli that is low in saturated fat and free of cholesterol.
* According to some estimates, around 3-4% of Indians suffer from food allergies. If you fall into this category, it is essential that you read the allergen information on the muesli packet carefully before purchasing.
* Flavorings are ingredients that are periodically added to foods to give them a particular flavor. Although there are many different varieties that can be used, it is recommended to choose muesli with natural flavors.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we are constantly working to clear up the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully selected by the editorial team, but use your discretion and expert advice before using. Their Prices and availability may differ from those at the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)